Thursday, June 24, 2010

Arts On The Ohio

Well, I gave the art show thing another whirl. This one was outdoors, along the Jeffersonville Riverfront. Wow! What a great view I had...the Belle of Louisville motored by a few times both Friday & Saturday, all the while jazz music and the smell of BBQ filled the air. The participating artists were all so talented & very nice (those of them that I let myself meet). The thing I learned from the last show - don't visit too many other booths or you will spend all of your money! ha ha

It was a blistering weekend, but I stayed hydrated and in the shade (the free ice creams definitely helped, as well!). My mom came over Saturday morning & helped promote my work better than I ever could. She's allowed to do that & did so spectacularly! : ) Then, of course, she had to head back to our house to spend some time with Aryn, and Ryan came down to relieve her of her duties. I don't think he thought it was as miserable as he anticipated, but who knows.

So, overall, I would deem it a success - I made a little bit of money, passed out tons of cards, met some great artists, learned quite a bit about the art of art shows, my tent did not blow into the river during the thunderstorm Saturday morning (!), and did it all within 8 minutes of my house.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

My first customer (and neighboring vendor)...he even let me display it the rest of the day. Perfect Father's Day gift!! : )

Another customer's purchase...I meant to get pictures of all of them, but failed to do so...

Friday evening's set up...

Saturday's set up...much better! Also, aren't these tablecloths the bomb?! A very gracious friend let me borrow them for the weekend.

The Belle of Louisville making one of her cruises upriver...

In action...

A posing shot for the record...just in case I never do this again. : )

The Gateway to AOTO & a 22 wks pregnant lady! ha ha

Cute little pig sculpture contest they had going...

Thanks to everyone who came out to say "hi" or who made purchases - you truly made it worth sitting there for how many hours? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment